Friday, June 28, 2013

37 Weeks Pregnant

37 Weeks Pregnant

9 month pregnancy update


Front view of the baby bump at 37 weeks

Baby belly comparison at 7 weeks pregnant, 27 weeks pregnant, and 37 weeks pregnant

 Side view of the baby bump at Full term! woohoo!

I got sick (again) for the umpteenth time during this pregnancy! Sheesh! And the last few times my hubby gave it to me.. what is this boy eating that he keeps getting sick! Grrr. While pregnant you cant really take any medicine or extra vitamins so i try to drink my vitamins and nutrients through juicing. I usually go to mothers market and get the 'green goddess' but i thought id try out Nekter a newer place in town. I got the "greeny", it was pretty much the same as mothers green goddess drink and for around the same cost. Yum!

Being full term has me appreciating every last moment with this little guy inside my belly. I will miss feeling him move around and how hes always with me. I will miss looking down and seeing my growing tummy (which is now the size of a WATERMELON, according to "what to expect when you are expecting").  I will miss the joy people experience feeling my big ol bump, and how my husband dotes on me and treats me extra special, like im fragile.. its adorable and makes me fall even more in love with him. I will miss the excuse that im having an 'off' day and i dont need to get out of bed early or make it to the gym or the excuse that im having a pregnancy craving and just neeeeed some sweets (;






How far along: 37 Weeks pregnant, 10 months !
(depending on how you track your pregnancy, some women go by 9 months, but most dr's and books and online sites go by every 4 weeks you are in a new month, which puts me in my 10th month)! 




Weight Gain: 22 lbs (little man is still growing strong!)

Stretch Marks: none

Belly Button: OUT

Wedding Rings On/Off:  On

Movement: VEERY active still!

Feeling: I still feel really great.. i had one bad day this week on monday when i was sun burned and not feeling so great, i was over being pregnant for the first time since the first trimester when i was sick as a dog.  It only lasted a couple hours and then i was back to my happy self again.  I still feel healthy and energetic (i get sleepy about an hour and a half after i wake up this week, two or three days i even got back into bed and took an hour nap! and sleepy around 4pm to 6pm then i get a second wind). This week was the only week i actually took naps (for those 2 days). I think its because i was getting sick, my body was extra tired fighting off this cold. I've done a lot of resting this week, still staying active but allowing myself to just relax.


Cravings: chocolate as usual. No real crazy cravings. I wanted a burger tuesday night at 9pm (we had couples bible study and hadnt eaten dinner yet) so we went to "The Habit", it was okay, not as good as some other places ive tried, im not really a burger person but maybe baby needed a little more protein that day, who knows?  The last 2 days ive had less of an appetite.. its getting harder for me to want to cook these days, but im still doing it.




Symptoms:  Im still eating spicy foods, late at night, and big meals and havent had  a problem with heart burn yet. I have a numbness on my right upper rib under my right breast still (mostly while sitting). Only new symptoms really are early or pre labor symptoms (see below)...


Pre labor signs:  
The Dr. Checked me this week again and I was 60% effaced still, 1/2 centimeter dialted (yahhhooo for progress, any progress ill take it!), and baby is at station -2. This means his head is down in my pelvis engaged. He still needs to drop a little but some women dont do this until they go into active labor.     My hips are achy at different times of the day still, and so are my upper thighs.  I have had cramps in my lower abdomen almost every day now..they feel like menstrual cramps (mostly while working out).  On Tuesday night at bible study i had MAJOR cramps, more painful than regular period cramps.. i was scared for a second that i was beginning labor, but they subsided after an hour. My best friend Kelly is a doula and she said this is my body preparing for labor (pre labor or early labor is what its called, and it can last hours ,days, or weeks).  It felt like my uterus was pulling upward and i had back pain at the same time.  I also have had this pinching, sharp, tickly feeling in my cervix area still at random moments of the day.  I have had shooting hip pain randomly as well the last couple days.   We did the B Strep test last week (as i mentioned on my 36 week blog post) and my results came back negative... however, because i was positive at my 8 week pregnancy check up in the beginning they will give me antibiotics during labor anyhow just to be sure. I dont even know why they tested me since they were going to give it to me anyways, i sort of see it as pointless, but maybe they have to for liability reasons? 




Missing: feeling comfortable sleeping!

Looking Forward to: Our next dr's visit and LABOR.. i cannot wait to meet our little boy! I cant believe ill soon be a mommy and get to watch my husband become a father. He can come any day now, its so surreal!

Sleep:  I wake up at least 2 times for bathroom trips. (2-3 most nights now). I am really uncomfortable every time i get into bed at night and every time i go to the bathroom its difficult to fall back asleep again.

Exercise: still doing it, this week I did 1 light weight training day (thursday), and 5 days of cardio. As i said last week, my motivation to work out right now is to help the baby move down and continue seeing progress each week. Every day is a chore to get to the gym, but it keeps me sane, helps my body have energy and helps with progress as i said. So im going to try to keep it up as long as i can.


Count down: im FULL TERM !!!!He can come any day now safely! im Due in 3 weeks (21 days) officially. We'll see when he wants to surprise us!

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is jessica and I love ur maternity pictures I am looking for that exact same lace top for my baby shower can u tell me.where I can find it :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi love i just saw this!! I had posted a couple similar options on my maternity photos post but havent been able to find the exact top because it was over 2 years ago. If i ever sell it ill let you ladies know (:

      Delete