Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year: 2014

Happy New Year: 2014



Wow, 2013 you were so special, its a little tough to say goodbye if I'm being completely honest.  2012 and 2013 were the best two years of my life yet! 2012 my husband proposed to me, we got married, then found out we were pregnant. 2013 I had by sweet little boy Cash, and I just don't think there is anything in life that can top marrying your soul mate whom you have waited your entire life for, and meeting your first born child, whom you've dreamt of forever.  Both of these two boys are the most precious gift God has ever given to me and although its tough to let go of 2013, I know 2014 has so much in store for us, so many more wonderful memories to make, my little boy will be turning 1 this year, we'll be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary, we'll be taking Cash on his first two airplane flights to Hawaii and Aspen, Colorado, we'll be celebrating 5 years together as a couple, toasting to both being licensed, and watching our little guy learn to eat, crawl, talk, and walk! I don't think my heart can bare the thought of all the changes and goodness that will come this year. Just as 2013 topped 2012, i'll be giving 2014 a chance to surprise me (leaving this one in Gods hands).

I'm not big on making New Years Resolutions, but I do enjoy reflecting back on the past year and setting some new heights or goals to achieve, things to work on in the new year to come. So for 2014 i'd like to improve the following areas: spiritually, relationally, physically, career, and home.  Spiritually id like to work on increasing time spent with my Lord & Savior.  Id like to wake up everyday and read my bible and journal my prayers like i use to pre baby.  For me its all about making time, having a set schedule really helps me stay on task.  So I'm committed to spending quality time in the Word and in solitude while my son takes his first nap.  I can sip on coffee and soak in the gospel.  Secondly, I'd like to spend more quality time with my husband doing things that fill up our soul, so reading our bible study (we've been reading Rick Warren's "What On Earth Am I Here For"), also doing more adventurous activities, getting outside more to the beach or a park or somewhere we have never been before. I want to be playful and cherish our one on one time, and family time. We canceled cable for this very reason. Im excited to dig deeper into his soul and learn more about my husbands dreams, desires, and vulnerabilities.  I'd like to become a better mother, by reading a couple new parenting books this year, by being even more attentive, hands on, and letting go of the first time mommy guilt that follows behind me like a dark cloud and just enjoy being his mother, flaws and all. I'd like to be lighter, more care free, more trusting of my Lord, less fearful and have Faith that assures me I do not need to worry or take control.  I'd like to spend more time with my siblings, and with my girlfriends. I'd like to focus on making a schedule to study for my licensing exam so I can be licensed finally (i finished my 3,000 hours a year and a half ago and have yet to take the exam). I am going to do my best to juice once a day for a snack to make sure I'm getting the nutrients my body needs.  I'd like to make sure I also get healthy leafy greens into both my lunch and dinner along with my snack/juice plan.  I use to juice for breakfast every morning before I got pregnant (pregnancy turned me off of juicing because it made me nauseas).  And lastly, I'd like to make sure my home is clutter free and clean. We still have a couple things left unpacked from when we moved in September with a 6 week old baby.. fast forward 3 1/2 months and it should all be put away by now, but thats life as a new mom, and a working mom at that.  I'd like to spend Saturday mornings tiding up the house with my husband before we get on with our fun activities for the day. This way, at least once a week we are taking time out to keep our home in order, I just feel so much better when I'm living in a clean home.

How about your goals for 2014? I'd love to hear them!

Card ℅ The Meek Boutique  (she made our Christmas card & send us this one.. aren't they great?!)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment